About the Role
In this position you will manage activities of Service Desk staff in assisting staff with hardware and software questions and problems. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves information systems problems to minimize down time of applications and personnel.
You will be responsible for:
* Managing and leading a team of support personnel who troubleshoot and resolve technology issues for staff. Maintaining high customer satisfaction on each resolved issue;
* Developing procedures for finding and resolving problems with computer products and services;
* Planning, prioritizing, and scheduling service desk activities ensuring maximum issue resolutions in minimum time with high user satisfaction;
* Managing the Service Desk team ensuring that staff achieve their goals, including providing staff with guidance and advice, training, performance management, leadership development, and career development; Coordinating priorities and tasks and monitoring progress;
* Ensuring service desk staff use required tools and software to identify, document, track, and resolve reported problems;
* Analyzing service desk activities and developing tools and process improvements to optimize service and staff performance;
* Working with outside vendors to procure supplies and equipment within budgetary constraints;
* Maintaining current level of knowledge and skill through attendance at relevant training programs, conferences, seminars, and through self-study;
* Creating and tracking KPIs, metrics, and goals for the Service Desk team;
* Working closely across multiple departments on technology-related initiatives and projects;
* Managing the IT Service Desk team.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.