About the Role
In this role, you will support the advancement of our work to protect animals by providing accurate administrative support to our Philanthropy Manager across our Mid and Major donor, and Bequest programmes.
Within the scope of the role, you will be responsible for the following:
• To support and assist the Philanthropy Manager to achieve the strategic objectives of the fundraising department of World Animal Protection Australia & New Zealand.
• Contributes to Bequest, Mid and Major donor strategies by attending brainstorming workshops as a Philanthropy team.
• To actively engage in meetings with external stakeholders as required including Bequest Assist, GiveTel and DRTV for our Bequests programme.
• Collaborate with the Fundraising team by actively participating in meetings to set ambitious goals and targets
• Assist in the management of the Bequest Program documentation
• Respond to and fulfil bequest enquiries by email, mail and phone, including following up on Facebook leads
• Assist in the success of the 1% bequest campaign by responding to 1% bequest pledge emails and cultivating relationships with supporters who enquire about the 1% bequest program
• Monitor Mid and Major donor dashboard utilising our CRM - Raiser’s Edge NXT (RE NXT)
• Managing and maintaining donor databases including but not limited to logging donor interactions
• Process Mid and Major donations received by the Supporter Care team via cheque, credit card and direct deposit by logging and receipting
• Process bequest payments received via cheque and direct deposit by entering the gift into RE NXT and creating and issuing receipts
• Liaising with and assisting in managing relationships with suppliers such as Bequest Assist, including passing on estate documentation as necessary
• Online wills reporting utilising and working with our online will’s partner Safewill
• Support the Philanthropy Manager with prospect research when required
• Assist the Philanthropy Manage in the development and implementation of a Middle Donor Strategy which could include but not be limited to cultivation phone calls, preparing information packs, and assisting with donor events.
About the Organisation
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wild life. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis and the devastation of natural habitats.