About the Role
In this role, you will have the opportunity to leverage your analytical and people skills to connect alternative protein companies to existing government resources. You will also develop policies to support vital industrial infrastructure and make public resources more responsive to the needs of the market.
The Senior Policy Specialist, Public Investment and Industry will be responsible for:
* Developing a landscape analysis of public resources available to companies that make plant-based, fermentation-enabled, or cultivated meat.
* Analyzing statutory and regulatory text to determine eligibility and application requirements for government programs, as well as summarizing the compliance requirements for receiving particular government funds.
* Educating representatives of government programs about the alternative protein industry and ways that this category of companies can meet eligibility requirements.
* Working closely with GFI’s Corporate Engagement team to match the needs of companies with existing government programs.
* Convening government officials and the private sector to improve information sharing and generate new ideas.
* Collaborating with other Policy team members to develop and promote proposals to improve access to government programs through legislation, regulation, or other policy mechanisms.
* Working proactively with GFI’s Development team to assess the program’s impact and share significant updates with donors.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
About the Organisation
The Good Food Institute Europe (GFI Europe) is at the forefront of the movement to transform meat production in order to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger, to antibiotic resistance and animal suffering.
We work with scientists, businesses and policymakers to make plant-based and cultivated meat (grown directly from cells) delicious, affordable and accessible