About the Role
While many plant-based, fermentation, and cultivated products and companies already exist, they still comprise a small percentage of the market share of total meat, eggs, dairy, and seafood.
One of the biggest challenges limiting the growth of the sustainable protein industry is the lack of manufacturing capacity available to companies to scale production and lower costs. In this role, you will work to mobilise more capital into the sustainable protein industry to finance manufacturing infrastructure projects.
To achieve this, you will:
* Set the strategy for GFI Europe’s infrastructure investment work, identifying and pursuing the top priorities for impact, with a focus on innovative finance mechanisms (e.g., blended finance, project finance, loan guarantees, etc.) that will de-risk private sector investment.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the worldwide network of GFI affiliates on global infrastructure investment strategies.
* Expand upon GFI’s publicly available investor support materials with new infrastructure investment insights, resources, and tools.
* Analyse market and investment data and share insights with target audiences through written communications and presentations.
* Conduct outreach to institutional investors (e.g., pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices), the broader impact and climate finance communities (e.g., investment advisory, data, and research firms), and public sector funders and catalytic/concessional capital providers (e.g., government agencies, development finance institutions) as necessary to educate them on the sustainable protein industry and convince them to integrate sustainable proteins in their programs and plans.
* Represent GFI Europe at industry conferences and events to educate key stakeholders about opportunities in the sustainable protein sector.
* Partner with relevant colleagues on external engagement as appropriate (e.g., with GFI Europe’s policy team on government engagement; with GFI US’s Investor Engagement Manager on relevant investor engagement activities; and with GFI US’ director of international engagement on multilateral strategies).
* Perform other tasks as required as a member of our small, nimble team.
About the Organisation
The Good Food Institute Europe (GFI Europe) is at the forefront of the movement to transform meat production in order to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger, to antibiotic resistance and animal suffering.
We work with scientists, businesses and policymakers to make plant-based and cultivated meat (grown directly from cells) delicious, affordable and accessible