About the Role
In this role, you will build effective working relationships across GFI’s US departments and with our international affiliate operations and finance leads in Brazil, Europe, India, Israel, and the Asia Pacific region to help GFI achieve its mission. The Director of Finance and Operations is a leadership role on GFI’s Collaborative Assistance Team (CAT) and will be responsible for the following:
* Directly managing the Senior Finance Manager and indirectly managing the Finance Specialist. Serving as the dotted line manager of the CAT Operations Coordinator, with likelihood of transitioning into direct management 3 - 6 months into the role.
* Establishing strong finance oversight practices, internal knowledge management practices, and control systems, including for banking and expense reimbursement, investment administration, funding of affiliate entities, consolidation of affiliate financials from five countries, foreign exchange risk mitigation, and annual financial audit and tax return oversight.
* Leading GFI’s annual and cycle based budget forecasting and monitoring processes for its US entity and international affiliates.
* Compiling and reviewing finance inputs for GFI US donor proposals and periodic reports, monthly management reviews, and monthly, quarterly, and annual lobby reporting.
* Managing and applying for state withholding, unemployment, and local tax accounts with the respective tax agencies; coordinating with the Associate Director of People Operations on payroll integration.
* Partnering with CAT colleagues to collaboratively address cross-functional CAT needs as well as GFI-wide initiatives, designing internal team activities, CAT and GFI-wide staff retreats, and professional development opportunities that will strengthen team engagement and inclusion. Participating in cross-organizational working groups.
* Supporting the Vice President of Operations to create, evaluate, and recalibrate CAT objectives and key results that align with other GFI departments while also reflecting CAT’s unique role as an operational support department with multiple functional subunits.
* Monitoring GFI US team travel and insurance needs, renegotiating relationships with GFI’s travel agency and administrative insurance providers, and providing GFI staff with guidance on common topics such as securing insurance certificates for programmatic events under GFI’s insurance cover.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
About the Organisation
The Good Food Institute Europe (GFI Europe) is at the forefront of the movement to transform meat production in order to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger, to antibiotic resistance and animal suffering.
We work with scientists, businesses and policymakers to make plant-based and cultivated meat (grown directly from cells) delicious, affordable and accessible