About the Role
This position is preferably for Black, Indigenous, trans people, and people with disabilities.
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Food Policy Director
Position Location: Remote Thailand
Remuneration: To be defined according to location
Language requirement: Native Thai, English advanced or fluent
About Sinergia Animal
Rated as one of the world's most effective animal protection organizations by Animal Charity Evaluators, Sinergia Animal is an international campaigning organization working in countries in the Global South (specifically Latin America and Southeast Asia) to reduce animal suffering and promote more compassionate food choices. We use negotiations, investigations, peaceful direct actions, and innovative campaigning methods to expose the suffering of farmed animals and to help build a world in which no animals are exploited for food.
About the position
Are you passionate about helping human health and the planet by promoting a plant-based diet? If so, this may be an exciting opportunity for you. Sinergia Animal has a manager vacancy for its food policy program in Thailand. The manager will coordinate the work plan, materials, chefs, nutritionists, and other activities related to the program, aiming to achieve the established objectives at the highest standards.
* Conduct meetings with institutions with the goal of persuading them to adopt a meat reduction program in their restaurants, and maintain contact with them via emails and phone calls.
* Build and maintain a database of the profiles and key decision-makers for institutions including but not limited to schools, universities, hospitals, and government bodies.
* Coordinate the implementation of the meat reduction program alongside different stakeholders such as chefs, dietitians, nutritionists, and physicians.
* Carry out research according to program needs, mainly focused on the environmental and human health benefits of implementing a meat reduction program.
* Give lectures to institutions interested in implementing the program.
* Maintain close contact with the international team, check daily all the internal platforms we use, and have at least bi-monthly calls.
* Manage and work with the Digital Marketing International Manager to produce content for social media.
* Produce monthly reports about progress and actions needed for improvement, and write progress reports when required.
* Represent Sinergia Animal and its programs at public events, conferences, media events, and within the NGO and animal protection communities at large. Respond to media requests together with the international team (e.g., draft op-ed pieces and press releases, give media interviews, and maintain relationships with editorial boards and local media).
* Together with the international teams, build a strategic plan with short- and long-term goals, and keep track of these goals to ensure we are on the right path to reach them.
* Build alliances with other international and/or grassroots NGOs and NGO coalitions.
* Perform translations and proofreading of campaign and social media materials.
* Contact and persuade celebrities and influencers to support campaigns.
* Support any other activities requested by the managers and directors of Sinergia Animal; for example, help to create reports on our social media stats and develop campaign materials.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Great affinity with plant-based diets and their positive impact on human health and the environment
* Comfort with, and/or experience of, interacting with educational institutions, hospitals, the government, regulatory bodies, or any other relevant institutions
* A strong network of contacts with educational institutions and/or government is highly desirable
* A vegan lifestyle is highly desirable
* Excellent communication and networking skills
* Excellent writing skills
* Ability to synthesize information and create reports
* Commitment to the mission and objectives of the organization
* Can-do attitude
* Excellent multitasking and time-management skills
* A great team player but can also do the job independently
* Knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, TikTok)
* Good digital marketing skill
Enthusiasm and proactiveness are very important to us. If you don’t tick all the points on this list but are very excited about this role, we want to hear from you.
Sinergia Animal has an Internal Development Program that can support you in developing skills needed, including language.