About the Role
This position is preferably for Black, Indigenous, trans people, and people with disabilities.
Terms of Employment: Internship (30 hours per week) Reports to: Food Policy Manager - Indonesia Position Location: Remote - Java Island; Jakarta residents preferred Remuneration: €193/Month Language requirement: Native Bahasa and Advanced English
About Sinergia Animal
Rated as one of the world's most effective animal protection organizations by Animal Charity Evaluators, Sinergia Animal is an international campaigning organization working in countries in the Global South (specifically Latin America and Southeast Asia) to reduce animal suffering and promote more compassionate food choices. We use negotiations, investigations, peaceful direct actions, and innovative campaigning methods to expose the suffering of farmed animals and to help build a world in which no animals are exploited for food.
About the position
Are you a person who’s passionate about helping animals, humans, and the planet and would enjoy promoting a plant-based diet to private and public institutions? If so, this may be an exciting opportunity for you. Sinergia Animal is offering a paid internship vacancy for the Food Policy Indonesia department. The Intern will be involved in activities such as institution engagement, program implementation, communication, and social media creation.
* Build and maintain a database of institutions' profiles and key decision makers in city halls, schools, universities, government bodies, and other major institutions
* Create and collect content for social media posts
* Keep track of social media content performance
* Provide support with any other activities requested by the manager and directors of Sinergia Animal, including but not limited to helping to create reports, compiling social media data and stats, and translations from English to Bahasa
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Can-do attitude
* Excellent multitasking and time-management skills
* A great team player, but can also work independently
* An affinity with animal rights issues and vegan lifestyle is highly desirable
* Commitment to the mission and objectives of the organization
* Advanced English
Enthusiasm and proactiveness are very important to us. If you don’t tick all the points on this list but are very excited about this role, we want to hear from you.
Sinergia Animal has an Internal Development Program that can support you in developing skills needed, including language.