About the Role
The campaigns coordinator will join our local team in pressuring major food corporations to implement policies to phase out the use of animal products that originate from the worst forms of animal production systems, with a focus on intensive confinement practices. In Peru, our current ask is for companies to stop using or buying eggs from hens confined in cages. The successful applicant will be an assistant to the campaigns manager and will coordinate activists and gather information for campaigns targeting local and regional companies. The person will also help the team with translations from English to Spanish and vice versa.
* Research food companies' profiles and key contacts and help the team build a database
* Coordinate activists and campaign activities along with the local campaigns manager
* Travel regionally, as necessary, to attend and coordinate campaign actions
* Represent Sinergia Animal and its campaigns at public events and within the NGO and animal protection communities at large
* Work with Sinergia Animal's international team in translating and developing campaigns materials, writing and translating press releases, planning media strategies, and developing proactive relationships with our PR agency
* Build alliances with other international and grassroots NGOs
* Carry out different activities assigned by the supervisor, director, or president and follow all procedures set by Sinergia Animal
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Peruvian citizen currently living in Lima, Peru.
* Excellent oral communication, writing, and proofreading skills
* Excellent research skills
* Proven ability to work both independently and in close coordination with a remote team
* Must be able to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects
* Strong time management skills
* Commitment to the mission and objectives of the organization
* Commitment to non-violent direct actions
* Affinity for animal rights issues and a vegan lifestyle are highly desirable
* Previous experience in business, communications, or campaigning with the media or NGOs is a plus
About the Organisation
Sinergia Animal is an international animal protection organization working in countries of the Global South to reduce the suffering of farmed animals and promote more compassionate food choices.
We work in the low- and middle-income countries of the Global South — in Southeast Asia and Latin America — to reduce the suffering of animals exploited by the food industry and reduce animal product consumption by promoting more compassionate and healthy diets.