About the Role
The Investment Associate will play a key role in driving our investment decisions across the complete cycle from scouting to portfolio management. To succeed in this position, you should have a strong understanding of finance, prior relevant experience, an analytical mindset, good communication skills and be passionate about working towards building a more sustainable food system.
* Identify, connect and assess new disruptive alt-protein startups for our incubation program
* Contribute to all aspects of investment cycle including scouting, evaluation and due diligence of early-stage startups
* Prepare an investment report to record the findings and execute other parts of the investment process independently
* Coach startups in relevant fields during and after the program
* Periodically engage with our portfolio companies, analyze performance indicators and monitor key developments
* Research emerging trends and markets within the alternative protein space to facilitate and inform our investment decisions
* Map the startup and innovation ecosystem (websites, newsletters, channels, events etc.) and identify potential gaps
* Support the ProVeg Incubator team by taking on other varied tasks as required
About the Organisation
The ProVeg Incubator is the world's first and among the leading incubator and accelerator programs for plant-based, fermentation and cultivated food startups. Our team supports pioneering entrepreneurs to build and grow impactful food and food-tech companies, launch products and services and secure investment. As part of the International food awareness organization ProVeg International, our mission is to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040.