About the Role
The position is remote and could be done from anywhere, but excellent knowledge of the major grants, foundations, and other AR sponsors, which are mostly in the US, is necessary.
* Find new grant opportunities, and draft and manage new and existing grant applications;
* Contact giving foundations, and draft and manage their applications;
* Seek corporate sponsorships and partnerships in the vegan space;
* Establish a major gifts program for major supporters;
* Create other fundraising opportunities for individuals and businesses, internationally and in local communities;
* Coordinate fundraising campaigns on our social media and online platforms;
* Oversee our existing website-based donation platforms, and our online store;
* Oversee all aspects of our donor database, including communication and donor appreciation.
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
* Substantial experience in non-profit fundraising, ideally in the vegan / animal rights field! Including, but not limited to: grant-writing, applications to foundations, corporate giving, private sponsor and donor cultivation, etc.);
* Vegan lifestyle and/or strong commitment to working for animal rights;
* Strong organizational and administration skills (keeping lists, excel sheets, etc.), and great attention to detail;
* Ability to work independently, and successfully manage multiple projects, with minimal supervision;
* Strong writing skills, including grant applications, application letters, proposals, and lists;
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel spreadsheets, Google Drive, and basic image and text editing;
* A go-getter, who accomplishes tasks and delivers results!
Compensation: TBD, based on hours and experience.