About the Role
Open Philanthropy’s grantmaking has been growing rapidly (in 2022, OP committed more than $700 million in total funding across more than 800 distinct grants.)
Disbursing all of these grants is a significant undertaking, and the Grants team’s expertise makes it happen as smoothly and efficiently as possible, even in complex grantmaking situations. For every grant we make, a Grants Associate on our team is responsible for:
* Determining how to structure the grant (in consultation with our legal team if necessary)
* Doing due diligence on the grantee, and collecting any information we’re missing
* Tracking relevant details in our grants database (we use Salesforce)
* Keeping program staff and grantees in the loop throughout the diligence and payment process, and answering their questions
* Tracking grant payment dates and follow ups (we also run a grantee satisfaction survey)
About the Organisation
Open Philanthropy is a philanthropic funder. Our mission is to help others as much as we can with the resources available to us. Our main funders are Cari Tuna and Dustin Moskovitz, a co-founder of Facebook and Asana. Meet our staff here.
Open Philanthropy was originally incubated as a partnership between GiveWell and Good Ventures.