About the Role
Investigators must be prepared to witness unimaginable cruelty, maintaining their composure and the covert nature of their role, in order to gather the information necessary to expose and stop the abuse of farmed animals.
* Conduct in-depth investigations into various issues related to the welfare deficiencies of confined animals on farms, animal exploitation practices and the facilities where they are carried out.
* Document in detail the conditions and practices of the agricultural industry.
* Maintain records and communicate daily with the Vice President for Investigations, or her designee, in the course of investigations.
* Maintain the covert and confidential nature of their role in all cases and in relation to the information obtained before, during and after each case.
* While working as an undercover investigator, you must follow all federal, state and local laws.
* Be available to meet with authorities and offer testimony in all legal proceedings arising from each case.
* Exceptional personal integrity, intelligence, responsibility and emotional strength.
* Ability to work independently in physically and emotionally stressful environments.
* Willingness to travel frequently.
* Ability to handle confidential case-related matters with discretion.
* Exceptional investigative and organizational skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of issues related to animal welfare and animal husbandry and industrial exploitation practices.
* Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
About the Organisation
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free. As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!