About the Role
Employment: Full-time, CLT (Remote)
Responsible: Manager of Food Policies
Workplace: Salvador and region
Objectives to charge:
* Provide necessary nutritional knowledge and support in order to contribute to the successful implementation and continuous monitoring with current and future partnerships of the MFA food policy program called Conscious Food Brazil (ACB).
* Engage and mobilize public institutions that provide meals on a large scale, such as schools, universities and others that are convenient for the organization, with a focus on the Northeast region, so that they become partners of the ACB - directly or in conjunction with other organizations -, less 20% of ingredients of animal origin for ingredients of vegetable origin.
* Work directly with schools, universities or other partner institutes that are relevant to the organization, with a focus on the Northeast region, to replace at least 20% of animal ingredients with plant-based options in their menus, creating 100% plant-based recipes that respect local and regional food culture and ensuring that the options provided are nutritionally adequate, approved and appreciated by the consuming public;
* Provide the necessary support and knowledge to partner institutions in order to contribute to campaigns to reduce the consumption of animal products to achieve the ACB's short and long-term objectives;
* Lead training, lectures and seminars for partner institutions on programs to reduce the consumption of animal products, with the aim of ensuring that all stakeholders understand the benefits and techniques of preparing more balanced meals and with more options of animal origin foods vegetable;
* Create and maintain positive working relationships with nutritionists, political and administrative leaders, pedagogical and kitchen teams and other stakeholders from ACB partner institutions;
* Carry out continuous follow-up after the implementation of the ACB with the leaders of partner institutions, with the adoption and analysis of indicators on the purchase of foodstuffs to ensure that the goal of reducing food of animal origin is being met;
* Conduct satisfaction surveys of partner institutions regarding the ACB, in order to identify improvements;
* Prepare, produce and/or support the development of proprietary MFA and ACB content;
* Keeping up to date on local and national issues, research and laws related to nutrition, plant-based food and new plant-based food options;
* Maintain positive working relationships with other organizations in Brazil that are carrying out work similar and/or complementary to that of the MFA, building a network of contacts and relationships, participating in events, forming partnerships, among other initiatives;
* Work in close communication with the Food Policy Management and other members of the MFA Food Policy Department in Brazil to align objectives, strategies, progress and share best practices;
* Support the achievement of new partnerships for the ACB, in accordance with the annual planning of the MFA;
* Record, in a clear and accessible way, all relevant information about partnerships, from the initial stages, ensuring that the MFA Food Policy team has access to relevant information about current and potential partnerships;
* Keep up to date on regional, national and international news related to the MFA mission in Brazil;
* Support the publication of our successes when institutes form partnerships with the ACB;
* Perform any other tasks required by supervision; It is
* Comply with all Mercy For Animals policies and procedures
* Complete degree in Nutrition;
* Professional Identity Card (CRN) issued and active by the competent Regional Council of Nutrition;
* In-depth knowledge of plant-based nutrition, including the ability to deal with questions about the adoption of this type of nutrition in a diplomatic, empathetic and technical way;
* Interest and willingness to travel frequently;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Fluent reading, writing and speaking in Portuguese;
* English basic level in writing and conversation;
* Set up an Office package (mainly Excel and PowerPoint) and G-Suite configurations (Google Docs, Google Drive and the like).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Critical and strategic thinking;
* Enabling adaptation to different public, situations and environments;
* Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, resilience, solution-oriented mindset, fast learning, active listening, objectivity, attention to detail, organization, teamwork and emotional intelligence;
* Commitment and openness to continuous personal and organizational growth in principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice;
* Alignment with the mission and values of the organization.
About the Organisation
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free. As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!