Regional Organizer, East Coast U.S
Mercy For Animals
United States (eastern states)
Campaigns, corporate engagement, or volunteer management
Middle or junior management
Animal Charity Evaluators Review:
About the Role
We currently seek a regional organizer, East Coast U.S., to join our organizing team. In this role you will help grow Mercy For Animals’ organizing program in the U.S. and Canada region and increase the movement’s capacity through regional community building, leadership development, and action initiatives.
This includes recruiting and training volunteers, organizing online and offline events, assisting with the coordination of the organizing internship program, and supporting the U.S. and Canada organizing team both regionally and nationally.
You will do invaluable work:
* Grow the Mercy For Animals volunteer network by recruiting, training, and coaching volunteers to engage in distributed hubs across the East Coast region
* Support the engagement and action of distributed volunteer hubs through developing and providing materials, resources, and tools; conducting one-on-one meetings with volunteers and hub leaders; and collecting and implementing feedback from hubs
* Develop Mercy For Animals’ volunteer base by engaging and motivating prospective, new, and existing volunteers to take action, including identifying and coaching hub leaders
* Support hubs in organizing events, including those focused on recruitment, trainings, gatherings, and collective action, to advance Mercy For Animals’ campaigns and local hub initiatives
* Communicate regularly with volunteers, volunteer hub leaders, and other strategic partners through a variety of channels and establish strong working relationships that advance organizing and campaign initiatives
* Manage and co-create efficient organizing systems and materials, including engagement platforms, communication systems, volunteer records, and supply inventory
* Work closely with the organizing manager for the United States and Canada and other Mercy For Animals team members to support cross-departmental volunteer recruitment, placement, and engagement
* Co-lead the organizing internship program
* Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
* Perform any other duties assigned by your team leader
About the Organisation
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free. As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!