About the Role
This job posting will close at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on December 31, 2022.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD BYPASS SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Please email your resume and cover letter to Amara Kea: email@example.com
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We are currently seeking a Global Senior Vice President, Finance to join our Senior Leadership Team team. In this role you will be responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of Mercy For Animals’ global and regional financial management strategy. The global senior vice president, finance will drive and oversee Mercy for Animals’ financial strategy, planning and analyses, budgeting and reporting. As well as the design, implementation, and maintenance of internal controls to ensure Mercy For Animals’ financial health, sustainability and growth. You will partner with other senior leaders to develop, implement, oversee and evaluate Mercy For Animals’ strategic plan and objectives and participate in the management of the organization.
You will do invaluable work:
* Advise the president on global and regional financial strategy, planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and financial policies
* Serve as the management liaison to the board, financial and audit committees and effectively communicate and present financial updates and information at board and committee meetings
* Ensure compliance with all financial and regulatory requirements in all regions
* Provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization
* Provide leadership, oversight and mentorship to the global and regional Finance team and promote a culture of empowerment, ownership and accountability, aligned with our core values and leadership principles
* Establish short- and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the global and regional Finance teams
* Partner with our Development team to ensure the proper management of all revenue channels
* Guide and oversee the preparation of budgets, forecasts and analyses of financial performance
* Plan, coordinate and ensure the successful and timely completion of the annual budget process
* Oversee the preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and ensure timeliness and accuracy
* Establish, review, evaluate and improve financial policies, processes and procedures as well as reporting, internal controls, systems and accounting standards on a regular basis and as necessary
* Perform continual proactive assessment and mitigation of risk by building and maintaining a strong internal controls environment.
* Oversee the planning and implementation of the annual audit of financial statements, ensure timely communication and completion, and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
* Represent the organization externally, as necessary, and maintain strong relationships with external auditors, international accounting firms, bankers, financial advisors and others
* Follow all organizational policies and procedures
Your qualifications will take our Global Finance Team to the next level:
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
* 10+ years of professional experience in a strategic finance leadership role in a non-profit organization, preferably with global operations
* Strong financial acumen with a proven background in US accounting standards, such as GAAP
* Translates the Finance vision and strategy into practical, actionable and quantifiable plans, and executes the plan of action flawlessly
* Solid experience with budgeting, forecasting, reporting and financial strategy development for a non-profit organization
* Proven strategic thinker with excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
* Strong analytical skills and data driven mindset with attention to detail
* Energetic, flexible, proactive and collaborative leader with the proven ability to drive, implement and impact both strategic and tactical finance initiatives
* Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills with the ability to motivate, engage and influence others
* Excellent communication, presentation and people skills
* Regular domestic travel for board, senior leadership and leadership meetings as well as events as necessary; and less frequent international travel as needed
* Commitment to the mission, vision and objectives of the organization
* Experience overseeing and/or supporting international entities (preferred)
* A commitment and openness to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
* Able to make timely decisions and tough business decisions based on fact
* Entrepreneurial, flexible, yet results-focused with a strong work ethic
* Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a seasoned finance leader with multinational experience and senior leadership experience. I like to roll up my sleeves and work in the weeds, but I also delegate and coach teams. I am an expert in US GAAP and accounting software.
About Your Team Leader
Your team leader, Leah Garcés, is the CEO and President of Mercy For Animals. Leah Garcés is the CEO and president of Mercy For Animals and author of Grilled: Turning Adversaries into Allies to Change the Chicken Industry. She has nearly 20 years of leadership experience in the animal protection movement and has partnered with some of the world’s largest food companies on her mission to build a better food system.
Leah oversaw international campaigns in 14 countries at the World Society for the Protection of Animals and launched Compassion in World Farming in the United States. Her work has been featured in national and international media outlets, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, BuzzFeed, VICE, and the Chicago Tribune. Leah has an M.S. in Environment and Development from King’s College London and has presented at global forums including TEDx, RIO+10, and the World Health Organization’s Global Forum for Health Research.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $120,000–$137,250 (in the United States*), depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
*Benefits and salary outside the United States will be shared early in the interview process.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
About the Organisation
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free. As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!