About the Role
We currently seek an executive assistant to join our global operations team. In this role you will provide administrative support to the senior vice president (SVP) of global operations and support global operations, projects, workflows, and events.
You will do invaluable work:
* Amplify the impact of the operations team by working closely with the SVP of operations to ensure the team’s time and energies are spent on the highest-priority tasks to achieve department goals
* Proactively manage the SVP’s calendar by booking and adjusting meetings, protecting deep-work time, and ensuring the SVP is well prepared for all meetings
* Coordinate the SVP’s travel arrangements, including lodging and transportation
* Support the operations department’s efforts to lead with diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ), and assist on projects related to the organization’s DEIJ goals
* Meet with other executive assistants at Mercy For Animals to identify process-improvement opportunities
* Coordinate virtual and in-person meeting logistics for Mercy For Animals’ board, leadership, and global operations team, including venue and meal arrangement and scheduling
* In collaboration with the SVP, pursue opportunities to expand the SVP’s public platform and network
* Lead cross-department planning for Mercy For Animals sponsorships at animal rights and social justice conferences
* Initiate, manage, and complete special projects
* Draft letters, presentations, speeches, and other materials
* Manage general inquiries to the SVP
* Provide administrative and accounting support, including credit card receipts, expense reports, and reimbursement requests
* Provide on-site support during in-person Mercy For Animals meetings two to three times per year, including meeting space setup, meal arrangements, and team activities
* Perform any other duties assigned by team leader
Your qualifications will take our global operations team to the next level:
* Three or more years’ work experience in a related field (nonprofit, customer service, or operations position highly preferred)
* Proactive problem-solving mindset, with a knack for anticipating and removing barriers
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* High degree of organization and efficiency
* Self-motivation and the ability to work well independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
* Ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team
* Supportive, service-oriented personality
* Thorough knowledge of or willingness to learn Google Suite, Slack, Zoom, and Asana
* Fluency in English (Spanish, Portuguese, or Hindi as a first or second language a plus)
* Ability to travel around two to four times per year for conferences, meetings, and retreats
* Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice and a passion for putting these concepts into practice
* Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
About Your Team Leader
Mamta Valderrama is the senior vice president of operations for Mercy For Animals’ global operations team, overseeing finance and technology. Before Mercy For Animals, Mamta spent 10 years in healthcare operations and has led multimillion-dollar income reports. An activist in her free time, she took a break from corporate America to write a book about human trafficking that became an Amazon bestseller. Born and raised in the Jain culture, she grew up with the principle of ahimsa and was eager to join Mercy For Animals. Originally from Los Angeles, Mamta lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, with her husband and daughter.
Compensation and Benefits (exempt)
Earn an annual salary of $55,000–$62,000,* (Effective January 1, 2023, Mercy For Animals is pleased to announce that the salary range will be increased to $66,000-$74,400) depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
About the Organisation
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free. As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!