About the Role
Terms of engagement: independent contractors, 25–35 hours a week each
Remote in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and South Korea
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
We seek independent contractors in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and South Korea to advance our work in the region by launching new programs, cultivating relationships, and coordinating activities with other organizations.
* In collaboration with the international development team, identify and explore new opportunities, including creating and developing programs, campaigns, projects, and partnerships
* Contribute to our regional insights by preparing reports and presentations to help the team understand the opportunities to advance our mission in the region
* Help develop Mercy For Animals’ brand and identity and position the organization as a leading voice for farmed animals in the region in alignment with its international brand
* Develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders
* Contribute to the development of Mercy For Animals’ digital presence in the region
* Help research and recruit for additional roles needed in the region
* Act as Mercy For Animals’ representative in the region to strengthen the organization’s brand and communicate its vision, mission, and objectives
* Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
* Perform any other duties assigned
* Written and spoken English communication skills
* Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and achieve results
* Strong intrapersonal skills, as well as a growth mindset and positive can-do attitude
* Commitment to the mission and values of the organization and ability to represent Mercy For Animals’ positions effectively
* Commitment to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state what we both would gain from collaborating on this project and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity. All decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, engagement needs, and requirements. People of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the Organisation
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free. As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!