About the Role
In this position you will develop and implement fundraising strategies, policies, and procedures to grow major gift revenue. You will direct, support, and enable the Philanthropy Officers, Stewardship, and Prospect Development teams to develop clear strategies and readiness to achieve successful solicitations.
* Develops and directs the overall strategy of the Major Gift department ensuring that the strategy aligns with the organization’s mission and strategic priorities. Manages the department to ensure that staff achieve their revenue and professional goals, including providing staff with guidance and advice, training, performance management, leadership development, and career development. Identifies and develops potential successors;
* Manage a portfolio of principal major gift prospects at the $100,000+ level using a Moves Management framework. Plan and implement major donor cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure funding for institutional priorities and to reach annual budgeted goals;
* Oversees research and prospect development functions to cultivate a pipeline of potential major donors. Optimizes fundraising outcomes by utilizing data-driven decision-making across department;
* Oversees the creation of fundraising and stewardship materials;
* Track and monitor the team’s performance. Develop, prepare, and monitor monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to track and document team performance;
* Engages in cross-departmental planning projects and meetings. Resolves complex problems for the department and implements solutions that require cross-departmental coordination;
* Champion philosophical norms and culture across the region;
* Serve as member of the Philanthropy Leadership Team alongside the VP of Corporate Giving and VP of Planned Giving;
* Collaborate with the Philanthropy staff and program staff across the organization to build and sustain a productive and successful major gift fundraising culture;
* Other duties as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.