About the Role
As a Payment Analyst specializing in data cleanliness and fraud detection and prevention, you will play a vital role in maintaining the integrity of our payment operations. You will identify fraud trends and create controls to prevent them from affecting companies' operations. Solid understanding of Fraud risks and risk management processes and familiar with Fraud tool prevention and implementation. Your primary responsibilities will include monitoring and ensuring the cleanliness of credit card and other payment data, detecting, and preventing fraud, and promptly addressing any issues that may arise. By effectively managing these crucial aspects, you will contribute to the overall success of our organization and help maintain constituent trust and satisfaction.
You will be responsible for:
• Maintaining documentation of all credit card processors, including but not limited to devices, payment gateways, user portals, and troubleshooting;
• Providing guidance to internal stakeholders and clients regarding credit/debit interchange and swipe fee optimization, and cost management;
• Regularly reviewing and validating credit card data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency. Identifying and rectifying data discrepancies, duplicates, and errors promptly;
• Implementing data cleansing techniques and best practices to maintain high data quality standards. Collaborating with internal teams to resolve data-related issues and streamline data management processes;
• Staying updated on industry regulations, compliance requirements, and best practices related to credit card operations and fraud prevention. Collaborating with the information security team to implement and maintain robust security measures and protocols;
• Reviewing merchant payment data from multiple card processors and developing and maintaining processes to further analyze payments data, monitoring payments costs, performing interchange analysis, and identifying payment issues and solutions;
• Working closely with information services team to ensure constituent relationship management software (ROI, Engaging Networks) holds current data;
• Flagging accounts needing additional information or further appeal;
• Analyzing, identifying, and resolving payment processing client reconciliation payments, fraudulent transactions, adjustment exceptions, rejections, and operational issues;
• Maintaining payment processing master table and update constituent address from statement carrier;
• Detecting and ensuring all payment transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner;
• Performing various checks to prevent fraud, abuse, and escalate suspicious cases to the Incident Response Team;
• Collaborating with Donor Care as a central point of issue resolution for constituents;
• Liaising to our payment and banking vendors related to troubleshooting and issue resolution;
• Serving as the first level risk manager for the respective vendors, processors, systems, and/or networks and partner with appropriate resources to ensure all compliance, audit, and risk issues are addressed and mitigated;
• Proactively participating in continuous review and updates of current policies and procedures to ensure that they meet the changing credit card payments environment. Recommending fraud detection tools;
• Documenting all issue resolutions, maintaining accurate records, and generating reports to analyze trends and propose proactive measures to prevent future issues;
• Other duties as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.