About the Role
In this position you will maintain and advance relationships with major food service companies that are focused on instituting plant-based policies and/or animal welfare reforms while managing a team of Food Service Innovation professionals.
* Initiates engagement with the largest companies and institutions in the food industry, persuades them to set goals to align their supply chain with increased plant-based food options within a specific timeframe and holds them accountable to their commitment;
* Leads projects as they relate to food companies, including but not limited to the development of in-depth plant-based proposals, crafting animal welfare policies, tracking plant-based menu progress, and updating organizational materials for the food industry;
* Manages a team of Food Service Innovation professionals to ensure they achieve their goals, including providing staff with guidance and advice, training, performance management, leadership development and career development;
* Coordinates and develops support materials related to plant-based initiatives including promotional materials, training and curricula for foodservice professionals, presentations, web site text, marketing materials, promotions, videos, guides and standard operating procedures;
* Performs other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.