About the Role
In this position you will work with the Director, Culinary Innovation to maintain and advance relationships with major food service companies, and the largest dining operations, that are focused on instituting plant-based policies and/or animal welfare reforms while managing a team of culinary specialists.
* With the Director of culinary innovation, leads, evaluates, and drives the culinary program direction while mentoring the culinary team with culinary projects and services offered to companies such as plant-based menu ideation, plant-based standardized recipes, culinary presentations and trainings, plant-based cycle menus, plant-based procurement and point of sale guidance;
* Tests and standardizes proprietary, non-proprietary, and culinary foundation recipes developed by the culinary team and provides constructive feedback to the culinary team as needed;
* Manages a team to ensure they achieve their goals, including providing staff with guidance and advice, training, performance management, leadership development and career development;
* With the Director of culinary innovation, leads the culinary initiatives with the largest companies and institutions in the food industry to align their supply chain with increased plant-based food options by participating in corporate level calls and planning discussions with the company’s executive culinary teams and the Farm Animal Protection leadership team;
* Manages the recipe database platform, including but not limited to acting as the superuser, entering recipes and ingredients, managing company recipe tracking, reviewing the culinary team’s recipe input for errors or inconsistencies, strategically organizing the system and training team members on program proficiency;
* Coordinates and develops support materials related to plant-based initiatives including promotional materials, training and curricula for foodservice professionals, presentations, web site text, marketing materials, promotions, videos, guides and standard operating procedures;
* Performs other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.