About the Role
As a Law Clerk you will be provided a superior educational for 2L and 3L law students in the field of Animal Law.
You will be responsible for:
* Working closely with the attorneys in the Animal Protection Law section;
* Being integrally involved in the process of researching, preparing, and prosecuting animal protection lawsuits in state and federal court and rulemaking petitions and comments before administrative agencies, as well as preparing and reviewing federal, state and local legislation;
* Providing research and drafting support for one or more of our four core legal groups: Farm Animals, Companion Animals, Wildlife & Animal Research, and Legislative Drafting & Review;
* Attending weekly departmental reporting and planning meetings and other meetings as relevant.
* Gain valuable exposure to a wide variety of animal protection cases in state and federal courts throughout the country
* Delve heavily into legal research and writing
* Have the opportunity to use skills to address real-world issues in litigation before federal and state courts and rulemakings of administrative agencies, including actions to protect companion animals, wildlife, farm animals, and animals used in research
* Work with legislative attorneys on drafting and review of federal, state and local legislation to protect animals
* Opportunity to work with and assist some of the nation’s leading animal and environmental protection lawyers as they advance these actions, and find new and creative ways to ensure that all animals receive the legal protections they deserve
* Strengthen effective communication and critical thinking skills
* Develop organizational and time management skills such as how to prioritize assignments and multi-task
* Learn about the organization’s major positions, campaigns, programs, and missions
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.