About the Role
In this position you will be assisting with day to day management and administration of estates and trusts identifying HSUS and/or HSUS affiliates as beneficary
You will be responsible for:
* Creating both paper and database files for new estate matters including entering basic information into database; scanning relevant documents into database; searching HSUS membership database for record(s) and entering applicable information and history into files.
* Forwarding new file to designated member of the estate administration team or furthering action and providing necessary information to other departments, including Philanthropy and Accounting;
* Receiving estate/trust account statements, updating account balances in required database files and based upon pre-established guidelines, filing statements, forwarding to designated members of the estate administration team, and/or providing information to Accounting department. Assisting estate administration team with matters related to the annual review by outside auditors;
* Receiving and reviewing for clarity all K-1 Schedules and Forms 1099 before forwarding to Accounting and filing;
* Recording all incoming checks and updating appropriate database with date deposited or forwarded;
* Regularly monitoring estates/trusts email folder, printing emails and filing in paper files, and forwarding information to designated member of the estate administration team for any further action. On request, obtaining additional information from, or providing information to, insurance/annuity companies, financial institutions, estate fiduciaries, attorneys, HSUS and HSUS affiliate employees, etc.;
* Producing accurate and professional looking written correspondence;
* Receiving and processing all incoming estate-related mail;
* Maintaining current paper and database files and lists for all estates and related matters.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.