About the Role
In this position you will develop, implement and execute the HSUS’ campaign to promote food service innovation by directing and leading a team of professionals working with institutional food service providers and corporations on plant-based policies and/or animal welfare reforms.
* Develops, analyzes, and implements the food service innovation team’s strategic plant-based initiatives with the largest companies and institutions in the food industry and local, state and federal policy reform with the goal of improving animal welfare and reducing animal product purchasing;
* Leads projects as they relate to the largest food companies, including but not limited to the development of in-depth plant-based menu proposals, crafting animal welfare policies, tracking plant-based menu progress and updating organizational materials for the food industry;
* Manages team to ensure they achieve their goals, including providing staff with guidance and advice, training, performance management, leadership development and career development;
* Reviews and approves support materials related to plant-based initiatives for the food service innovation team including promotional materials, training and curricula for foodservice professionals, presentations, web site text, guides and standard operating procedures;
* Creates and maintains spreadsheets to track the progress of the food service innovation team’s goals;
* Drafts grants and donor documents to support fundraising efforts for the food service innovation team and meets with donors to share progress on the plant-based initiatives;
* Oversees Airtable and other contact management systems, media relations and other specialized projects;
* Serves as a media spokesperson to encourage interest and constant, relevant coverage of plant-based campaigns and their impact on the food industry;
* Collaborates with the vice president, senior director(s), and director(s) within farm animal protection on the team’s strategic plans and priorities;
* Performs other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.