About the Role
In this position you will develop, implement and execute the HSUS’ campaign to promote culinary and food service innovation by directing and leading a team of culinary professionals working with institutional food service providers and corporations on plant-based policies and/or animal welfare reforms. The campaign strategy will be executed through the development of the team’s culinary program to include leading plant-based menu concepts and recipe development, culinary training program development, and the internal development of the team’s culinary professionals.
* Leads, evaluates, and drives the culinary innovation strategy while mentoring the culinary team with culinary projects and services offered to companies such as plant-based menu ideation, plant-based standardized recipes, culinary presentations and trainings, plant-based cycle menus, plant-based procurement and point of sale guidance;
* Leads the culinary innovation team’s initiatives as they relate to the largest food companies and institutions in the food industry to align their supply chain with increased plant-based food options by, including but not limited to the development of in-depth plant-based menu proposals, recipe development, testing and standardization and culinary trainings;
* Manages the culinary innovation manager(s) and program manager(s) to ensure they achieve their goals, including providing staff with guidance and advice, training, performance management, leadership development and career development;
* Reviews and approves support materials related to plant-based initiatives for the culinary innovation team including promotional materials, training and curricula for foodservice professionals, presentations, web site text, guides and standard operating procedures;
* Creates and maintains spreadsheets to track the progress of culinary innovation team’s goals;
* Drafts grants and donor documents to support fundraising efforts for the farm animal protection team and meets with donors to share progress on the plant-based initiatives as needed;
* Oversees the management of the recipe database platform and other culinary/recipe systems, media relations and other specialized projects as they relate to the culinary innovation team;
* Serves as a media spokesperson to encourage interest and constant, relevant coverage of culinary and plant-based campaigns and their impact on the food industry;
* Collaborates with the vice president, senior director(s), and director(s) within farm animal protection on the team’s strategic plans and priorities;
* Performs other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.