About the Role
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Coordinator, Food Service Innovation for the Farm Animal Protection department.
In this role you will assist the Food and Nutrition team in persuading institutional food service providers and corporations to successfully increase their plant-based menu options. You will also assist the team in spearheading regional and local efforts to enact policies and programs that encourage more plant-based eating.
You will be responsible for:
* Researching and identifying new institutions to establish relationships with; scheduling meetings, providing information on campaign(s), and beginning to persuade and influence them to reduce meat and use more plant-based options;
* Maintaining relationships with institutions with check-ins, emails, phone calls, and meetings with the goal of persuading them to increase plant-based options;
* Scheduling, coordinating, and executing educational trainings and workshops with food service accounts with the goal of persuading them to increase plant-based options;
* Collaborating with team members to brainstorm creative ideas and ways to persuade and influence institutions and companies to increase plant-based options.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.;
* A minimum of one (1) year of work experience in food and nutrition, preferably within institutional food service (University, K-12, or Business and Industry) and/or advocacy required.;
* Knowledge of food and food service industry procurement a plus;
* Knowledge about factory farming, nutrition/health and environmental issues a plus;
* Must be willing and able to travel;
* A valid driver’s license is required, and a clean driving record is strongly preferred, with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record while employed;
* Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
* Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
* Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.