About the Role
In this position you will provide reconciliation, reporting, and analysis in support of the Financial Reporting team. Ensures accuracy and consistency between the general ledger and specific reporting systems and resulting reports. Tracks fixed assets including disposals and depreciation.
You will be responsible for:
• Educating budget managers and other users about the budget/reporting software and their monthly financial reports. Researching and addressing issues, and providing and executing solutions to budget managers as a result of monthly meetings;
• Reconciling financial data in the reporting and budgeting system with the general ledger for the Financial Reporting team. Maintaining alignment between the systems to ensure accuracy of financial reporting;
• Preparing financial statements for monthly internal reporting (including but not limited to balance sheet, and income statements) and package for the CFO and budget managers. Preparing reports as needed for accounting staff;
• Analyzing accounts and reconciling fixed assets, reclassifying entries as needed to ensure accurate reporting of transactions and balances in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and organization policies and procedures;
• Preparing reports, including budget vs. actual, and analyzes variances as needed. Proposing and entering relevant related journal entries;
• Performing an annual inventory of fixed assets in collaboration with asset custodians to ensure completeness of records. Processing entries to dispose of assets as needed;
• Configuring general ledger codes in the online system and assigns forms for upload;
• Preparing monthly journal entries for fixed assets, construction in process, and reclassified and other entries as needed. Applying capitalization policy and generating entries for additions, disposals, and depreciation;
• Preparing real estate reports for the CFO to reflect current holdings, additions, and disposals;
• Assisting with annual budget cycle, including but not limited to determining annual depreciation, and normalization of the budget;
• Assisting in researching and implementing opportunities for process improvement;
• Performing other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
About the Organisation
The humane society we envision for animals will also be a better world for people, and it’s only through human efforts that we’ll get where we want to go. Because our advocacy is driven by people, we’re strongest when our people are empowered and valued. A work environment that fosters inclusion and collaboration energizes our teams, drives better thinking and makes our impact for animals more sustainable. Working with communities and stakeholders around the world, we integrate a wide range of cultural perspectives in our approach to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in every aspect of our work and at all levels of our organization. We recognize and respect the full spectrum of human qualities, so that the unique talents of all employees are dignified with equitable access to opportunities and an ability to contribute to our mission.