About the Role
The role of the Scientific Officer is primarily to assist GFP's Science and Extension team in the development and delivery of a research and training strategy and help on a variety of projects centred around the adoption of higher welfare cage-free producer systems, both in China and in other Asian countries. This work will include both desk and field duties to create training and other materials to build the capacity of egg producers and other stakeholders in best practice cage-free egg production. The fundamental objective of this role is to support the transition to higher welfare cage-free production systems in China and across the Asian region.
Responsibilities will include:
* Developing and managing relationships with current and potential clients
* Serving as the main point of contact for egg producer contacts and clients in China
* Facilitating education and training for egg producers, including coordinating meetings and organising workshops and seminars
* Drafting, editing, fact checking and proof-reading training materials, guidelines, videos, course content, and other technical documents
* Supporting GFP’s farm consultation activities, including conducting on-site visits, writing reports, providing recommendations to egg producers, and coordinating GFP’s ongoing engagement with egg producers
* Supporting the establishment of GFP’s model farms and training centres
* Developing and delivering presentations for internal and external webinars and events
* Supporting clients in the implementation of their cage-free egg production;
* Supporting with language interpretation during presentations, calls, interviews, and other interactions with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders;
* Assisting in the development, translation and review of Chinese language resources (presentations, corporate proposals, materials, publications, and others);
* Serving as a spokesperson for GFP in meetings, media interviews, and public speaking engagements such as webinars, seminars, workshops, and conferences, to promote further engagement with potential clients from the food and hospitality industry, and garner greater visibility for the company;
* Collaborating with other team members in China and throughout Asia to advance GFP goals and projects;
* Identifying and leading new and existing opportunities to advance GFP’s work in China, including through partnerships and participation in events; recruiting high-level speakers and participants;
* Building and maintaining a database of Chinese egg producers, industry associations, and other relevant industry stakeholders; and
* Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
About the Organisation
Global Food Partners (GFP) is a Singapore-based multinational consulting firm that works with leading food and hospitality businesses to implement and maintain high animal welfare and responsible sourcing policies to improve their profitability and sustainability, with a focus on cage-free egg sourcing and production.