About the Role
The role of the Project Manager is primarily to oversee and progress the development of GFP’s producer engagement work in India in collaboration with the Cage-Free and Free-Range Poultry Producers Association (CFFRPPA). The Project Manager shall serve as the primary liaison between GFP and CFFRPPA, will coordinate the provision of technical assistance to CFFRPPA’s members, and will work with egg producers to facilitate the transition to best practice cage-free egg production.
This project is part of our work supporting the transition to cage-free egg production systems and improving layer hen welfare in India. This role will involve working remotely with an international team geographically dispersed in different countries and will involve both desk and field work.
Responsibilities will include:
* Working with egg producers and other key industry stakeholders in India to implement high welfare, best-practice cage-free production systems.
* Assisting in program activities including producer focus groups, egg supply chain assessments, and producer training programs.
* Promoting the cage-free egg industry, and membership in CFFRPPA, to various stakeholders, including food and hospitality companies and egg producers in India.
* Facilitating the provision of technical and scientific support to egg producers in India in order to enhance the capabilities and build capacity of the farmers in cage-free production.
* Disseminating information regarding cage free poultry production, domestic and international market trends and opportunities.
* Conducting research projects where relevant, including but not limited to focus groups with egg producers and needs assessments.
* Building and maintaining a database of Indian egg producers, industry associations, academics, and other relevant industry stakeholders; building relationships and partnerships with these stakeholders.
* Serving as a point of contact for Indian egg producers and other industry stakeholders.
* Assisting in the development and review of various Indian language resources.
* Identifying and developing new and existing opportunities to advance GFP’s work in India, including through partnerships, events, and research.
* Serving as a spokesperson for GFP in meetings, media interviews, and public speaking engagements such as seminars, workshops, and conferences, to promote a shift towards higher welfare cage-free production systems, and garner greater visibility for the company.
* Other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
About the Organisation
Global Food Partners (GFP) is a Singapore-based multinational consulting firm that works with leading food and hospitality businesses to implement and maintain high animal welfare and responsible sourcing policies to improve their profitability and sustainability, with a focus on cage-free egg sourcing and production.