About the Role
* Support and advise Management (and the Board of Directors), including drafting and reviewing corporate policies, bylaws and resolutions.
* Ensure compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, relevant legislation, regulation, and standards of non-profit entities (such as associations and foundations) including corporate governance, finance, taxation, grants, etc.
* Collaborate on legal issues affecting the development and management of the Board of Directors / Board of Directors.
* Support the Leadership Team by contributing to the alignment of strategy, decision making and operational efficiency of the organization at the legal level.
* Manage the legal budget and expenses.
* Advise HR on labor laws, including the creation, modification and review of labor policies and employee training.
* Advise management and advocacy teams on legal issues related to campaign initiatives as well as review of the organization's campaign communications, including review of any external materials and contributions to relevant regulatory texts.
* Draft, review and negotiate contracts for various aspects of the organization.
* Provide advice and manage all GDPR related issues within the organization (Data Privacy and Security Responsibility, training and compliance).
* Manage all legal aspects of the website and all matters related to the organization's transparency seal.
* Establish and manage relationships with external lawyers and counsel.
* Positively contribute to a strong culture of organizational integrity and ethics.
* Support (if any) Internal or External Audit processes.
About the Organisation
Equalia is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the living conditions of animals destined for consumption with the lowest standards of animal welfare.
Our mission is to achieve agreements with companies, institutions and stakeholders that positively impact the greatest possible number of animals.
Our vision is a world where intensive animal farming and intensive aquaculture makes way to food production models that respect animal welfare.