About the Role
About Cultivated Biosciences
Our mission is to empower plant-based dairy to give it the creaminess and mouthfeel consumers strive for. To do this we are developing creamy fat ingredients from non-GMO yeast to be sold as B2B ingredients. We have a fantastic team, investors and advisors by our side, such as Arturo Elizondo and Lukas Böni, and are now eager to make better ingredients than any factory farm could together with you!
As Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for hiring & leading the business operations team, managing our budget & financials, and delivering projects to our clients. You will work alongside the founders Tomas & Dimitri as well as shape the startups strategy in your area of expertise. As one of our first senior hires, your role will be pivotal in exponentially scaling the startup's mission of making dairy-free indulgence a reality for consumers worldwide.
What you need to succeed
* 5+ yrs. of experience in executive leadership positions in FMCG, ingredient or biotech
* 3+ yrs. working in or in close collaborations with startups
* Practical proven experience in setting-up robust business processes
* Experience in fundraising seed or later funding rounds
* A proactive, entrepreneurial attitude
* Willingness to learn new things quickly
Feel free to apply if you don't check all of our criteria, we are eager to learn about you.
About the Organisation
Founded out of Zurich in 2021 by Tomas Turner and Dimitri Zogg, Cultivated Biosciences is one of countless companies in a sustainable food space that's working to reduce humans' dependency on animals for sustenance, spanning everything from chicken and seafood to sausages.