About the Role
The Board of Directors of ALDF seeks an inspiring leader who will use the assets of ALDF’s visibility and accomplishments as a launching pad to develop initiatives that will meet the challenges of the future. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right leader to have a big impact on the important role animal law has in ending cruelty to animals. They will have the opportunity to build new connections across multiple groups, including volunteer attorneys, donors, legislative bodies, universities, and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proven passion for and expertise about animal justice
• A minimum of ten years of senior nonprofit executive experience in a medium to large nonprofit organization
• A proven ability to manage and lead a national organization with stakeholders in multiple locations and time zones
• Experience working for or with an advocacy organization
• A willingness to live a lifestyle that reflects the values of the ALDF
About the Organisation
Founded in 1979 by attorneys active in shaping the emerging field of animal law, the Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) has blazed the trail for stronger enforcement of anti-cruelty laws and more humane treatment of animals in every corner of American life. ALDF defines animal law as the combination of statutory and case law that relates to, or has an impact on nonhuman animals.