About the Role
As an independent contractor working closely with Animal Equality’s Investigations Department, the Undercover Investigator will be expected to carry out investigations that support Animal Equality’s strategic plan of advancing farmed animal protections globally. Responsibilities include documenting the conditions of animals raised for human consumption and providing the organisation with compelling evidence for use in legal advocacy, public awareness, and corporate campaigns.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
* Conduct investigations into the conditions of farmed animals as assigned by the International Director, following all organisational protocols to maintain high evidentiary standards and ensuring timely and high-quality results
* Provide input on opportunities related to animal cruelty investigations
* Conduct online research and develop profiles of possible investigative targets
* Gather information related to corporate misconduct, and environmental and animal welfare violations as necessary
* Review footage and produce daily investigative logs while conducting field investigations
* Cooperate with solicitors, prosecutors, law enforcement and other relevant Governmental enforcement agencies
* Testify at hearings and court proceedings, as needed
* Preserve confidentiality regarding all sensitive investigations matters
* Ensure timely submission of all investigative materials
* Provide verbal / electronic updates to Animal Equality regarding case activity on a daily basis
* Strict compliance with UK law
About the Organisation
Animal Equality is an international organization that works with society, governments and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India. It has been considered one of the leading charities in recognition of its efficiency and effectiveness in helping animals.