About the Role
We’re looking for someone to take on these types of responsibilities:
* Provide support as well as technical and strategic legal advice to clients
* Research legal and business issues
* Review, negotiate, and draft agreements
* Monitor and report on ADP’s active matters and projects
Our ideal candidate has these qualifications:
* A strong commitment to animal protection and maintaining ADP’s work ethic and culture
* 3+ years as a practicing attorney with strong transactional law experience (nonprofit law experience preferred; corporate transactional experience is also an asset)
* Excellent judgment and a common-sense approach to lawyering
* Exceptionally strong problem-solving skills
* A J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Outstanding interpersonal skills
* Detail oriented
* Welcomes constructive feedback and input
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Willingness to take on projects outside of your “comfort zone”
While we know one person may not bring every criterion on this list, the successful candidate should have most of these qualifications. Don’t check all of these boxes? Convince us why we should hire you anyway!
About the Organisation
Animal Defense Partnership (ADP) provides legal services free to animal protection charities. We’re growing rapidly and hiring to expand our in-house capabilities.
ADP is building an enduring institutional resource devoted to reducing animal suffering. We exist to support nonprofits that advocate for animal protection, run sanctuaries and rescues and promote plant-based eating and diet change. We’re fair and respectful to our colleagues and highly collaborative at and among all levels. ADP hires people who will put our clients and the organization first and are more inclined to give credit than take it. And we’re steadfast in our commitment to maintain this culture as we grow.
ADP functions as both outside general counsel and consultant, assisting clients on a range of matters and issues, including, as examples, corporate formation and governance, obtaining tax-exempt status, nonprofit compliance, drafting and negotiating employment, vendor and consulting agreements, employment disputes, board governance, intellectual property (copyright, clearance, and transactional), data privacy, fiscal sponsorships, and internal organizational policies. We do not handle litigation.